Monday, September 3, 2007

The Walk - 2

For those who haven't read the first part. click here.

It was decided that we would be going for a walk. Lot of things were racing in my mind on what to ask. Somehow my confidence was falling apart now. The questions I had thought of seemed to have jumbled in my mind and I was trying to sort them out to make some meaningful questions. At any moment we would be out of the house walking with each other to know each other. Time was running out, I had to do something very quickly to think about how I would go about asking her and my mind refused to sort them for me. Then we were out and the sorting was still going on.

Randomly some question shot up and the next ones followed -
Me-"Hmmm...So what are you doing?" (Thank god! nice start)
Her-"I have finished my BA and am doing computer course currently".
Me-"Ok... So do u have anything in particular to ask me?" (Damn!!, How did this come out. This is too early. Oh no... what do I do now)
Her-"Hmmm.... err... Nothing in particular".
Me-(Phew!! that was close. Get some decent question now) "Ok, good..." (Come on maan, ask something... something... next question....) "Hmmm.. So nice area. Have u been to Bangalore before?" (Good. This question came out without being thought before. Good work.)
Her-"No. I have never been to Bangalore before. How about you? Have u ever gone out of Bangalore?"
Me-(Some time for next question) "No. Never. I have lived whole of my life in Bangalore." (Oh god!!... Why is this next question taking so long...come out maan) "So u interested in sports?" (what the hell is this? Sports? Couldn't u think of anything else?)
She was caught off-guard. She would've never anticipated this question. She took a couple of seconds, stared me and then,
Her-"Sports!!... I watch cricket sometimes and I like to play badminton. What about u?"
Me-"Cricket... only cricket." (Now don’t start explaining the rules of cricket. Change the topic...) "So where are these computer classes? How do u travel?"(Good. decent enough question to make amends)
Her-"The classes starts at 10 and end at 4. I go by bus. Its around an hour of travel from my house"



We had already completed a circle and got back to her uncle's block. We looked at each other and decided probably we had enough of talk and moved towards the house. Thank god the walk finally ended. I decided first thing is to make a list of sensible questions to ask her the next time we meet. Lots of talk was going on in house. Then I took my seat and waited for our exit. During this wait, I had a talk with her granpa about their family tree. Lots of names were taken which I had never heard in my life. Just nodded head to what he was saying. The wait finally ended after half an hour. All the people came to drop us till our car. Everyone exchanged their bye byes. Finally, I had a last look at her with smile on her face before putting my foot on the accelerator...

9 comments:

Unknown said...

What the hell?? I don't know what "sports" you meant, but if "sports" meant what it normally means, then you are a nut head. It is like asking Mallika what clothes she likes (of course she likes no clothes).
Man I tell you, you made a decision of your life in such a short time by asking some random questions, you are amazing. It shows how much you trust your instincts. Anyways great you made a decision at least. All the best buddy. Hope the decision turns out right, better than you can ever dream.

711Coffee said...

Nine Blog,

Both walk 1 and walk 2 were good,

waiting for walk 3

Sachin said...

Thank you guys..
Nid- Even I am hoping the best, but then the expectations are normal.

Manish- Cool dude. Thanks, but then there wont be any walk-3. Coz the episode ended at 2. New chapter starts, but probably I will blog next month. ;)

Kunal Shah said...

hi sachin,

Well just read your blogs and enjoyed reading them:))

I can see how difficult it is to arranged marriage meetings:))

Are u interested in sports:)) tht was hillarious as if you are sachin of chak de and looking out for her 16 hockey players:))

looking forward to wht hpnd next..

Kunal Shah

Sachin said...

Kunal- Next would be after my engagement which would be at end ofthis month hopefully. Even I am excited to know what would happen next...

VISHWAS P said...

bloooooooooody lier....

lied in 1st meetin!!!
u like only cricket?


keep postin dude...

Vinay said...

aake ninna maduve aagOk oppidaaro ilvo athava neen aakEn maduve aagOk oppideeyo ilvo anta nE bardilvallo....

ad yaavaag decide aaitu? adan hELu

nimmamma ninna "huDgi ishTa aadla" anta kELirbEkalla
adak En hELde?

ad aadmEl modalnE sarti call maaDdaag En maataaDde?

Sachin said...

SP- Lo... adella tumba chikka vishya le.. Decision doddadu aadre yes or no annodu chikkadu.. So adakke ondu blog bariyokke boreuu.. matte phone nalli maatadiddu private matters, adu not for sharing... private protected

sush said...

Hey cool.. Nice to hear that you were brainwashed.. Errr.. whitewashed [ brain doesn't suit ur persona dude :D] with nothing left to ask... Anyways congrats to you and paavam to that girl.. How I wonder the plight of that girl.. :D Do something which you haven't done for past 25yrs.. be nice to her...;)