Tuesday, November 26, 2013

CLASH OF THE TITANS - 2 -

Missed the first part - Click Here

So for the first attack - I show him my index finger and on a little higher note, I tell him to go to kitchen and help his mom. He looks at me and blankly says "Naa...", I tell him the same again by raising my voice a little more, and he outright rejects it with another "Naa... No...". So I take out my triumph card and tell him - "Oh boy, mumma is going to give you chocolates if you go to kitchen...". Aaahh there it is, his eyes are now gleaming when he listens to the magic word - Chocolate. My triumph card has worked. He is now on his way to kitchen at a double speed. I relax and get back to watch my match in peace... Only for next 40 secs.

40 Secs pass-by, my kiddo is back to my place. Taps me on my hand and says "choc... jayeeee... " (meaning he wants choc). I just cant understand why is he asking me when I had such wonderfully sent him to his mom asking for the same. At same time my wife comes to the hall, gives a wicked smile. Instantly I get the signal and understand that my wife would've told my kiddo that the choc is not with her but to ask daddy to get one. Hence he has come back to me asking for choc. My triumph card has been crushed by the combined force of my kid and my wife. Back to square one. I decide to take on the aggressive mode. I point my hand at him, in a flash I realize I have held the tv remote in my hand and at the very moment my kiddo grabs my remote and starts clicking some buttons. It changes my channel and I get up from my seat to grab my remote back... "No... no... na...naa..." he screams and runs towards kitchen with the remote. I have no choice but to run behind him. 

Obviously he cant outrun me and hence I catch him soon, he tightens the grip on the tv remote. Again obviously his strength is no match to mine, hence I easily over-power him and get the remote from his hand. He starts screaming and runs behind his mom. I return back to my tv and switch back to my match. Since my kiddo is now crying in the kitchen, I believe I will be able to completely watch my match now. 

Hardly another 30 secs pass-by and my wife carrying my kiddo comes to hall. "Now... there... dont cry baby, pappa will put on the rhymes for you". Instantly my kiddo stops crying and shouts - "Ee... ya... O...", "Ee... Ya... O...". I am stumped out now. I cant change my channel now, but not only my wife has made my kid remember his initial demand but has also silenced him out from crying by showing him a hanging carrot (i.e. rhymes on TV). Now my kiddo is expectantly watching me and slowly murmuring - "Ee... Ya... O..." repeatedly. It seems like he will again start crying if I don't put on his rhymes. Unexpectedly, my wife has hit 2 birds with one stone here. I cant watch the match in peace when my kiddo is making such a sad face nor I can put on rhymes and surrender to my kiddo. One final punch was missing until this moment and my wife just lands the final blow - "please put on the rhymes naa... Look he is so much keen to watch his rhymes...".

Thats it. I cant take it anymore. I accept my defeat and surrender to the combined mighty force of my wife and kiddo. I finally change my channel and put on the rhymes. My kiddo has now started saying loudly "Ee... Ya... O..."... and feels pretty excited too. He gets down on the floor, moves closer to TV and starts watching his rhymes being played on TV. After sometime, he comes to me - "Appppaaaa.... Apppa... " calls me and points his hand towards Tv and says "Ee... Ya... O..." and gives a big giggling smile. I too return my smile and realize that the match was just not worth a watch in exchange for the smile on my kiddo's face. I keep the tv remote on the tv top, hold my kiddo and take him on my lap and start enjoying rhymes with him.

As they say History repeats again, on the next day... the clash of the titans repeats again... another fierce battle awaits... !!

[THE END]


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Switch to starsports.com :D