Sunday, July 18, 2010

Movie - INCEPTION - My view

It all started on a friday night, when I was in a conference call with a US client and my phone rang. I had to wait till my conference call ended. It was 11pm when I called my cousin back.
Cousin: "Hello, how r u placed for tomorrow evening?"
Me: "No plans as of now, anything in your mind?"
Cousin: "How abt movie, night show? There is a new movie called Inception which got released yday."
So there it was, I had not heard of this movie, only thing I knew was Leonardo di caprio was the male lead in this movie. So was worth a shot, but was bit hesitant after his disastrous "Shutter Island". Then I checked for tickets online, but to my surprise the multiplexes were booked out. So I had to settle for a single screen theatre and booked 4 tickets( me, my wife and 2 cousins). First step done. Next day morning, I checked the reviews in the newspaper, and it gave a positive sign. Then finally the time came when we were in front of the movie theatre, and again the theatre was packed completely. There were few trailers which were good (including Harry Potter-7) and what followed them was awesome to say the least.
From the first frame the movie was gripping and the packed crowd roared in anticipation.The theme of the movie is well projected in the first 15-20 mins so that the audience is very clear on what is about to follow. This leaves the audience to think of various twists and turns that might come in the movie, but the director has bigger thoughts in the movie. Afterall his previous movie "Dark Knight" was biggest hit of the year as well.
"If you cant convince... confuse them" seems to the theme of director altough the movie posters say "Dream in a dream..". The concept of movie reminded me of MATRIX which was on similar lines, but the cinematography, editing and the direction are way too good. The challenging part in such movies are to keep your audiences interested in the movie all through 2hrs 45 mins, and the director does not miss a trick to keep up with this. Its so well architected that probably for the first time I felt bored during the interval. The movie is so pacy and fast moving, it gives you very little time to think and analyse on whats gonna happen next. Finally a fitting climax ends the movie leaving the audience in a superb state of mind where they cant decide if there is gonna be a sequel to this movie or not. The movie is all about living your world in dreams and when you come out of theatre, you feel as if you are already in a dream.... Finally a MUST WATCH movie for all creative and innovative movie lovers.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Just FYI - Shutter Island was not disastrous :P

Sachin said...

This is just MY VIEW, I dint like that movie... So its ok. No offenses meant

Unknown said...

I am betting I will not find any other blog on Inception which says - "There were few trailers which were good"!!
Considering that it has pushed you to write a blog, I am pretty sure it will be a good movie, It better be for you sake..