Thursday, July 22, 2010

New Year - A day to remember - 1

"Happy journey, Have fun, bye." - I was in call with one of my cousin and his family was going on a trip to Mangalore, Udupi and nearby places for 3 days. After the call, I had to shout again -"Hey Common guys, get ready soon, we will be late". This was for my wife and other cousin. We had booked the movie tickets for morning show in a single screen theatre for AVATAR-3D. We were excited since this was first big screen 3D movie which we were going to watch in theatre. The show was supposed to start at 10 AM, it was 8-30 AM already and we needed atleast half hour to 45 mins to reach theatre by auto. Finally everyone was ready and we left home and reached theatre by 9-15. Now we had lot of time for movie to start, got the normal stares from my wife for getting here so early. I had to return her stare back with a wide smile. Then I realized something and went into the ticket booking counter and asked ticket fellow -

Me: "I have 20 tickets for the show which was cancelled, Can I get them on Monday for refund?"
Ticket fellow: "No sir, today is the last day for giving all refunds, We need to close our calculations by this weekend.
"Me: "Ok, then I will get it by evening"
Ticket fellow: "Sure sir, anytime before 6PM, you can get it."
"Thank you sir", I said and left the ticket counter.

***FLASHBACK***
Rewind a week back, we from our office had decided to go for a outing to watch this movie on a weekday in same theatre. 20 people had confirmed their participation and I had volunteered to book the tickets online. So as planned, I booked all 20 tickets for a wednesday evening show. One day before the show, I collected all the tickets from the ticket counter. The plan was to give individuals their own tickets so that nobody had to wait outside theatre before the show. So I thought I would give their own tickets on the day of show and everyone can make their own arrangements to arrive at theatre on time. Everyone was excited, and looking forward for this show. When everything is going according to the plan, there is always something waiting in store to disrupt the plans. So it hit as a lightning the next morning when all newspapers and television channels had only one news. "Breaking News - Kannada movie superstar passed away....". Because of this incident, city was expecting lot of violence and hence there would be bundh kind of atmosphere in whole city. Naturally, the theatres wont be screening any movies too. I called up the theatre and they said there will be refunds for the tickets booked. I told them I will collect the refund some other day and kept the phone. On same day, I booked 3 more tickets for the same movie to watch on new year day.

***Back to new year day-2010***
I came out of ticket counter and explained my wife about this -Me: "The ticket fellow says we need to get those tickets today itself for a refund. Else we wont get any refunds."Wife: "20 tickets is huge, lets go and get them after the movie"Me: "Yes... sure. After the show, we will go to home and get the tickets. I have kept the tickets in dashboard of our car...." The moment I said this, I realized something else...and had to shout again "....OH NO NOOO NOOOOOO!!!"....

To be continued... CLICK HERE

2 comments:

Vinay V said...

Let me guess.. You had given your car for service?

Sachin said...

Thats not right answer... but keep guessing...